The fruits from Friday Night Lights should show up for Florida next week.
Fort Lauderdale cornerbacks Chris Lammons (Plantation) and Quincy Wilson (University School) are making their decisions along with Homestead’s Ermon Lane, the nation’s No. 2 wide receiver.
Lammons visited FNL with Wilson and talked about wanting to play with him in college, while Wilson made it clear that he and Lane are headed to the same school.
The Gators are the only team all three of them have among their favorites, so unless there’s some surprises in store, they should be picking UF.
Lammons will announce around 4:45 p.m. on the College Football Blitz on ESPNU, while Lane and Wilson will commit together at 9 p.m. on 560 WQAM, which can heard streaming live at wqam.com.
Other news and notes
* On Tuesday, five-star defensive end Lorenzo Carter (Norcross, Ga.) named a Top 7 of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Oregon and Florida State. He told The Sun the Gators are still his leader.
* Alabama running back verbal Bo Scarbrough is transferring to IMG Academy in Bradenton for his senior season. This move could help UF’s chances of getting him on campus again and possibly flipping the cousin of tight end commit C’yontai Lewis. They visited Gainesville together in June but did not make it to Friday Night Lights as planned.
* Five-star running backs Leonard Fournette (New Orleans, La./St. Augustine) and Joe Mixon (Oakley, Calif./Freedom) plan to officially visit Florida this fall. Mixon has already scheduled his trip for the Tennessee game on Sept. 21. Another top prospect, O’Fallon (Ill.) defensive end Dewayne Hendrix, will take an official on Oct. 5 when UF hosts Arkansas.
* The nation’s No. 1 defensive end, Da’Shawn Hand of Woodbridge (Va.), will announce his decision on Nov. 14 after he visits Alabama, Florida and Michigan.
* 2015 linebacker Ricky DeBerry (Richmond, Va./St. Christopher’s) was offered by the Gators during his visit Tuesday.